Friday, February 2, 2024

2/4 update

Phoenix,

It's starting to feel like spring outside (and just as I say that it'll probably start to snow on us), so we've had some really good days outside on the track this past week. While our B-day practices have been solid, we need more people to start coming on A days after school so we can improve our entire team. This week I encourage you to come on Tuesday/Thursday (A days) after school to get some work in.

This week

Phoenix Preview (when incoming sophomores come in to check out the programs) is on Tuesday from 4:30-6:30. We could use a group of you to come hang out at the track/xc table to advertise for us. I'll be at the psychology spot, but the kids would rather talk to you than me anyway tbh. 

We will be practicing after school on Tuesday/Thursday as mentioned above.

There is another indoor meet at the olympic oval on Friday night. The meet information is on Meettrax and can be found here.

Simplot Games

Simplot is rapidly approaching, and I have dropped the majority of the rooms. We have 5 remaining, and I'm going to drop those on Tuesday unless those wanting to stay in the hotel have a plan for transportation up to Pocatello and to and from the arena. If any parents want the rooms, let me know. It's the Best Western in Pocatello. Feel free to call around up there to find rooms on your own if you'd like.

That said, we need to start getting everyone registered for Simplot, so I have yet another form for you to fill out to let me know which individual event you'd like to compete in. You only get one individual event.

If you'd like to be considered for a relay on Friday, indicate it on the form above. We have a few teams that can make finals.

The above form needs to be filled out this weekend. I will be done registering athletes on Friday 2/9 at 9 AM.

Snow Canyon

We await final confirmation on Snow Canyon, but it looks like it's happening. We're going to be able to take almost everyone who said they would for sure go on the bus and stay in hotels (you know who you are at this point, based on personal conversations you've had with me). I'm hoping to find a way to each of you in. Stay tuned for further information.

Outdoor Schedule

You can find our outdoor schedule at the top of this page, or at the link below. 

https://farmingtontrack.blogspot.com/p/2024-outdoor-track-meet-schedule.html


Looking forward to another great week. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Coach Jacobson