Sunday, October 30, 2022

10/30 update

Phoenix,

If you are going to NXR, please view this page ASAP

Here is the practice schedule for this next week. I will update this page with specific workout design once I finalize them.

Monday - we will practice during the class but not after school (I have to get home for my kids' Halloween festivities - they like Halloween more than Thanksgiving, which I find egregious but oh well; likely many of you would agree with them). This will be a workout day - likely on the track.

Monday workout

  • Warm up/drills
  • 800m @5K pace - 90s recovery (slow jog)
  • 2x400m @ 3200m pace - 60s recovery (slow jog)
  • 2x200m @ mile pace - 60s recovery (standing)
  • 5-7 minutes recovery (with at least 2 minutes standing) then do it again. We might do a 3rd set, cutting out he 800m, depending on how individuals are handling the work.
  • Cool down, dynamic stretching, abs

Tuesday - no school, no organized practice. I recommend getting up to vita or something.

Wednesday - Practice after school at 2:40 PM - meet at the school (workout day, likely on the hills somewhere)

Thursday - practice during class but not after school, easy run.

Friday - No organized practice. Pre-race with strides.

Saturday - Phoenix 5k at 9 AM. Please share the link with fellow community members to make this a fun event for everyone: https://dsdgive.net/event/2313

For those of you going to NXR, the expectation is that you are every practice. This goes without saying, but if you are planning to racing at NXR, be at each practice this week.

Also, i send each person going to NXR an email to have you confirm your attendance (so I don't register someone who isn't going). Please respond to me asap. I will reply when I receive it from you.

Phoenix 5k

Parents, we still need help at the race. It is a great way to be involved without having to race! If you'd be willing to help, please fill out this signup genius.

Registration is now live for the Phoenix 5k. 

The Phoenix 5k will be Saturday, 11/5 at 9 AM. Registration for the event will be done here

Current athletes on the team are allowed to race without paying for the event, as the primary purpose of this race is a NXR tune-up. Therefore, current athletes do not need to register at the above link.

I encourage you to share this information with friends and family, as it will be a good fundraiser for us, and will be a lot of fun for the community!

If you were wanting to buy a black long sleeve shirt, please fill out this form. The cost will be $15. Some of you filled this out already, and I got one ordered for you. If you haven't yet, you may be able to get it on Saturday, but I may have to order it later, depending on quantities.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Coach Jacobson