Tuesday, June 28, 2022

6/28 Updates

Phoenix,

Time Trial Results

Below are the results for the time trial today. If you're name is missing, please let me know, and let me know who was near you, and I will make adjustments. If you think you're time is off, let me know who was near you and I can make adjustments that way as well.

We are officially done with our June Practices, and we will practice again together next Wednesday, July 6th. I hope you have a great 4th of July.

T Shirt Order

Your fees have been uploaded to mydsd, so please go on and pay those. The shirts that I ordered have arrived and I gave those out to everyone who was at practice today and had filled out the form giving me their size. I am going to make another order on Thursday, 6/30, so if you haven't yet, please fill out this form. Everyone who participates in summer XC will receive a shirt. Below the results I've included a list of everyone who did fill it out, so you can double check (sorry if the formatting is poor).

Cross Country Camp

Lastly, cross country camp: we don't currently have a plan for cross country camp, but we are open for a few days in August to hold a camp (either the first or second week). What I've done in the past, and it worked well, was a parent who has a cabin has hosted the team there. The girls slept inside while the boys slept in tents in the yard. From there we held workouts, played games, ate (of course), and did other things as a team. If you have something like this and would be open to our team using your space, please let me know. There would be a cost associated with the camp and some of that would go to the host to cover costs of hosting. Otherwise, my backup plan is reserving a group spot up at Bountiful Peak Campground (which is conveniently close... almost too close though). From there we could do a lot of trail running and just hang out for a few days. 

If you have any questions for me please let me know.  

Coach

Week 3 - 70-80%
MondayJune 27Freedom Hills ParkDistance Run, Strides (4-6)3-7 miles
TuesdayJune 28Forbush ParkTime Trial + warm and Cool down3-7 miles
WednesdayJune 29(on own)Distance Run, Strides (3-8)3-7 miles
ThursdayJune 30(on own)Distance Run, Hill Sprints (3-4, 10-15s)3-7 miles
FridayJuly 1(on own)Distance Run, Strides (3-8)3-6 miles
SaturdayJuly 2(on own)Long Run3-8 miles
SundayJuly 3
Week 4 - 80-90%
MondayJuly 4(on own)Local Race? or Distance Run, strides3-7 miles
TuesdayJuly 5(on own)Distance Run, Strides (3-8)3-7 miles
WednesdayJuly 6Freedom Hills ParkDistance Run, Hill Sprints (3-6)3-7 miles
ThursdayJuly 7(on own)Distance Run, Strides3-7 miles
FridayJuly 8Heritage ParkDistance Run with progression, Strides3-7 miles
SaturdayJuly 9(on own)Long Run4-9 miles
SundayJuly 10

Time Trial Results


Names of those who HAVE ordered a shirt